Pour D'Vino and Kinetic Brewing Company-a review

It is rare that I go out for a girls' night, but this past Friday that is just what I got to do. A girlfriend met me on the newly gentrified Lancaster Blvd. for a little relaxation and some fun. Here are the reviews:

We went to PourD'Vino first. While they have a very good wine list, the service is slow, and the food is a nightmare. My friend ordered the caprese salad, and I ordered the portabello (pour d'bello) panini. The caprese was covered with ice cold fried onions and smothered with a yucky, gooey basamic-esque syrup.

My panini bread was tough to bite through and only 1/2 of the sandwich had any mushroom on it. When I pointed this out to the waiter she offered to have the kitchen fix it. But she was so slow that I thought we'd be there all night waiting for my 1/2 a sandwich to return.
no 'shrooms!

She took $4 off my check and my dining companion's check as well. I will not be returning to Pour D'Vino. As a chef of 25 years I was very embarrassed for the entire establishment. I cannot imagine they will stay in business for very long with that level of food and service. Anyone who is rating this place with more than 2 stars is either VERY EASILY IMPRESSED, or ordered their food after drinking way too much wine! I would not recommend Pour D'Vino to my worst enemy's dog.  

We went to Kinetic after the disastrous dinner at Pour D'Vino, still a little hungry and in need of good food. We were greeted by a very friendly bartender.

 We ordered a couple of their in-house craft beers and appetizers.

I am a veteran 25-year chef from South Carolina where fried pickles are a staple. The fried pickles at Kinetic are THE BEST I have ever had.

 My friend ordered the salmon cake special. I hate salmon, but after tasting her order, I could eat my weight in those salmon cakes.

I really hope they put that dish on the regular menu! The service was fast and friendly, the beers were amazing, and the food was rockin' awesome!! Run...don't walk...run to Kinetic Brewing Company for your next meal out! 

Comments

Popular Posts