Half Homemade Puttanesca Sauce

Happy Monday Fellow Foodies!

you might have noticed that I have not been around a lot lately. That is because I have recently moved to South Carolina, and I am talking very recently: Like 2 days ago!

 So while I'm waiting for the movers to arrive with my stuff, I and my family are staying with my mother in law. To thank her for putting us up for so long while the movers take the Slow Road, I decided to make pasta Puttanesca for supper tonight. Since her kitchen is not nearly as stocked with équipement as mine is, I decided to go with a half-homemade route! The sauce came out so yummy, I thought I should share it with the world.

Half-Homemade Puttanesca
1 Jar of very good quality maranara sauce (Classico, Newman's Own, etc...)
3 Tbs First cold pressed, extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion finely diced
2 cloves garlic-minced (about 1 Tbs.)
1 cup pitted Kalamata Olives -coarsely chopped
1/2 cup capers
Grated parmesan cheese to garnish

12-16 ounces Pasta of your choosing

Place a medium sized stock pot over medium high heat. Add the oil and heat until shimmering. Add the onions and turn the heat down to medium and slow cook the onions for 8-12 minutes. Until beginning to brown. Add the garlic and cook 2-3 minutes more. Pour in the entire jar of sauce. Bring the mixture to a simmer, and add the capers and olives. If you'd like add a little of your favorite wine to perk up the flavors.

While the sauce is reducing, cook your pasra according to the package direcrions-minus one minute of cook time. Once the pasta is done, drain it completely and add it to your sauce. Toss everything together and allow to cook one minute more. Serve garnished with parmesan cheese. Yum, yum!!!

Comments

Popular Posts