Pesto Pasta with Spinach and Leftover Chicken

Happy Sunday Fellow Foodies!

A few days ago I roasted a whole chicken -something I do about once a month, ( see recipe on 9/14/11) and I had tons of leftovers. What to do, what to do?

I settled on pasta with pesto sauce ( recipe 7/18/11) and spinach, as I could do it all in one pot with a minimal time investment (about 15 minutes). This is also one of the more successful ways that I have in my arsenal to get my little kid to eat spinach. Yes you can use pre-made pesto from the fridge section of your grocery store, and someone once told me that you can use leftover pork in this recipe too.

I say, make it easy, and use what is available to you. Sunday night should be all about relaxing.

Pesto Pasta with Spinach and Leftover Chicken

8 ounces pasta of your choosing ( I used cappelletti)
1 Lb. fresh baby spinach roughly cup up
1/4 cup pesto
Leftover chopped chicken

Cook the pasta according to package directions. As soon as the pasta is within one minute of being done dump the spinach into the water. Allow it to blanch just until it is softened.

 Dump the spinach and pasta into a colander and drain fully. Scoop the pesto into the bottom of the still warm pot. Heat the chopped chicken in the microwave for a minute or two. While the chicken is heating, pour the pasta and spinach mix over the pesto and fold together. Add your warmed chicken and gently fold together.

Serve with extra Parmesan reggianno, and sliced tomatoes for a lovely fresh garnish. ABONDANZA!!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts