EASY caprese appitizer

Happy Monday Fellow Foodies!

Last weekend I was entertaining guests for dinner. I didn't have a lot of time to get a starter together, so I thought about making a "Salad Caprese". The trouble was that I needed something that I could pass about and it be a finger food. So I took all the elements of the Caprese and recomposed them into a finger-food. Here is a photo:
What you need:
BEAUTIFUL Cherry Tomatoes
Buffalo Mozzarella
Whole Basil Leaves
2 Tbs. Vintage Balsamic Vinegar
3 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp. (crushed to a pulp) garlic
1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
1 tsp. brown sugar
Fancy Martini or cocktail picks

Cut the tomatoes in half. Cut the Mozzarella into pieces small enough to fit tidily onto the tomato halves. Place the tomatoes, cut side down on a nice serving plate. Place one basil leaf atop the tomato, and one piece of cheese atop the basil leaf. Stick the martini picks through the stack.

In a container with a tightly fitting lid, shake the vinegar, oil, garlic, salt, and sugar vigorously to emulsify.

Using a pipette you can buy from any craft store ( I use Micheal's), suck up the dressing and dot about the tomato piles and the serving platter. Serve with pretty beverage napkins and/or little plates.

Comments

Popular Posts