Cherry Lemonade

So what have I learned this week? Well...for starters, when I have a job to do-I really hate it when someone tries to do it for me. I really, really hate it when they do it badly. I ESPECIALLY hate it when they make me (and a lot of others) look like a damned fool doing my job badly.

 I have learned that even though I am very slow to get mad, once I am angry trying to calm down is like corking a volcano. I had no idea I was capable of so much rage: It was scary what went through my head last week. With that said, I think I am starting to cool off, and at least move forward.

I just spent the morning driving home from Los Angeles. I dropped my daughter and my amazing hubby off at LAX for their flight to Orlando, where they will be VIP guests to the last Space Shuttle launch. Steve was given only 2 passes for the event. I wanted to go, but I know what kind of impact this will make on Chloe, so I decided to let her go with her dad instead of me.

This is the first time I have been separated from Chloe for more that a night, and this is her first trip so far away from home. It took all my strength not to start bawling as I left her in her dad's very capable hands at the check-in counter. I drove off feeling a mix of pride, terror, and anticipation of 3 days of quietude for myself. Much needed I must say after last week's wild ride.

What will I do with my Thursday? I think I will start with a batch of home-made lemonade that I do not have to share with ANYONE!!! Yes, that's right! I am going to make a 1/2 gallon of lemonade and spend the weekend drinking the entire bath all by myself...here is the recipe I'm going to use:

Cherry Lemonade
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
12-15 very dark cherries pitted
1-2 cups sugar (depending on your personal taste for sweetness)
7 cups of water
place the lemon juice the cherries and the sugar in a blender and liquefy. Pour the water into a very large pitcher. Strain the lemon mixture into the water and stir to dissolve and sugar that is still left intact. Chill and serve over ice with sprigs of mint in each yummy glass!
that color is 100% from the cherries!
NOTE: for a grown up kick, you can mix the lemonade 50/50 with a semi sec white wine, or add a shot of vodka, or tequila to the glass! Party on, girlfriends!

Comments

Popular Posts