Sauteed Broccoli

It's been one of those wild weekends that went by way too quickly! Friday I spend shopping for the monthly necessities. I got home and noticed that my back passenger side tire was a bit low. Mentioned it to "DA hubby" who explained to me in a very condescending voice that I had been down and back up the mountain, and the tire pressure was off because of that...OKAY?

Saturday I wrangled the family (AKA ... the three ring circus of "let's get out of the house on time...dammit!) down to Lancaster for the dog's obedience class. Once there "DA Hubby" decided that my lower that low back passenger side tire does indeed need air. He takes it across from the Petsmart to the local "America's Tire" shop, where they proceed to tell him that I have a nail in the tire of question (REALLY!?!?! GOLLSH!!!), and that the idiot who fixed the last nail in the same tire actually did more harm than good by grinding the tube so that it was now separating from the rim. Thanks "The Tire Shop" of Tehachapi! Remind me to YELP and ANGIE'S LIST your butts tomorrow!!!

Thus our 2 hour trek to Lancaster took all day. I did get a nice set of Dunlop all season radials out it though! We dragged our tired selves home around 6:00pm. I had leftover chicken from a BBQ party on Thursday night,  and a bit of brown rice in the back of the fridge from who-knows-when.

 I took out the fresh broccoli from Grimway farms and flash sauteed that in a bit of sesame oil with garlic, warmed the rice and leftover chicken and called it a meal. All in all, for mostly leftover it was not too terrible!

High Heat Sauteed Broccoli

1 Lb. broccoli florets
2 cloves garlic-crushed and minced
2 Tbs. sesame oil
1 Tsp Salt
zest of one lemon
1/2 cup water

Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add the garlic, salt,  and the lemon zest. Toss until coated in oil. Add the broccoli and toss gently. allow to cook undisturbed for 3 minutes until the broccoli is very brown on  one side. Add the water and steam until bright green and all the water is gone. Serve immediately.

Comments

Popular Posts