Weekend-ing-Smoothie Heaven


If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know that I have a Vitamix machine. You also know that I LLLOOOOOOOOVE my Vitamix! It is, without a doubt, my favorite piece of restaurant grade equipment in my home kitchen. I makes soups, sauces, cocktails, bread crumbs, you name it! My favorite thing to make is smoothies, which I drink for breakfast nearly every morning.

You can use your regular blender for this too, if you don't have a Vitamix, which most people don't. Here is my favorite smoothie recipe-the Fiberlixer...
The Fiber-lixer
2 cups frozen mixed berries (I use a blend of raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries)
1 cup fat free plain yogurt
2-6 "fiber choice" brand fiber chewies
1 cup room temperature water
2 Tbs. Honey-optional (I don't use it but the smoothie is a bit tart without)

Place in the blender and puree until the mix is liquefied but still semi-frozen. Serve in a big glass with a wide straw...enjoy!

Stats (with 6 fiber chewies)
calories 350
Carbs 61g
fat 1g
protien 16
sodium 241mg
FIBER 21g (your total daily requirement!)
sugar 39g (this is without the added honey)
calcuim 55% of needed daily intake

Comments

Popular Posts