The Language of Addiction

I'm an addict. Yes, it is true, I am a hopeless uncontrollable addict of great food. This is why I am a size 10, and not a size 6. If I didn't love great food so much I would be a LOT skinnier!

I'm also completely addicted to Anthony Bourdain and Andrew Zimmern. Those guys know how to live and how to eat.





Yup...If I could choose my life, I would be one of these Chefs. They are funny, well educated in the art of culinary appreciation, and just plain interesting to watch! I've been from Tokyo Japan to Dublin Ireland to Charleston South Carolina to Southern California and back again. I've got nothing on these two Travel Channel Gurus of Gastronomy!

So like I said; I am addicted to food. These two Chefs simply fan the flames of my addiction. I am particularly addicted to chili peppers and very spicy food...here is one of my favorite recipes...I hope you become as smitten with it as I have!!!


Chiang Mai Noodle Soup

1 can coconut milk
1-2 Tbs. red curry paste
6 chicken thighs, cut into ¾ inch cubes
1 pint chicken stock
2 Tbs. fish sauce
Dash of dark soy sauce
¼ cup lime juice
1/4 cup palm suger

1 pound blanched eggs noodles
 
Options: shredded carrots, black soy beans in chili oil, cilantro, green onions, bean sprouts, dried shrimp, fried garlic slices for garnish

Place ½ the coconut milk in a sauce pan. Cook over high heat until it curdles. Add the curry paste and cook over low until fragrant. Stir in the chicken to coat in the spice paste. Add the next 5 ingredients and simmer for 30-45 minutes. Meanwhile make 2-3 inch wide nests out of the egg noodles, and fry them in very hot peanut oil turning over once only. Cook them until they brown on both sides. Place one nest in each individual’s bowl. Ladle soup over this and garnish with desired amounts of optional garnishes.

Comments

Popular Posts