Smoked Salmon Spread

On Tuesday of this past week I was holding a sushi rolling class. Yes, I do know how to roll sushi, and I'm pretty darn good at it for a tall, red-headed, America pastry chef. I spent a couple of years in Japan and took very good notes on the food around me. Even though there is so much amazing food everywhere you go in Tokyo- Japanese Sushi is one of my favorite things to make and eat.

Like I said; I gave a sushi rolling class this past week, and it was TONS of fun. I was expecting 35 people and only 14 showed up. SO I had a bunch of extra food to bring home. One of the things that came back to the house with me was an unopened side of Alaskan Smoked Salmon. once the vacuum in the Salmon is opened it need to be consumed very quickly (within 48 hours) to maintain the integrity of the fish. So from that opened Salmon, I made a pretty good dip. Here is the recipe....
See you Monday!

Smoked Salmon Spread

Ingredients 
  • 16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 pound (4 ounces) smoked salmon, minced
Directions
Cream the cheese in an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment until just smooth. Add the sour cream, lemon juice, dill, salt, and pepper, and mix. Add the smoked salmon and mix well. Chill and serve with crudités, corn chips, or crackers.

Comments

Popular Posts