Black Bean Salsa

I had some sad looking veggies in the bottom of my produce bin Saturday afternoon. Thanks to the magic of my most beloved Vitamix machine-I ended up with a lovely black bean salsa.

If you don't know what a Vitamix is: It is a super, duper, incredible ultra machine! It does everything from fresh soups to sauce, to smoothies, to mixed drinks, and so much more. As you can tell...I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Vita Mixer!!!
Is it Expensive? Yes! They can run from $400-$1600-depending on the model that you buy. Mine is the cheaper $400 model. Like I said they are pricey, but well worth it. I use mine at least once, but usually twice every day!






Iron Chef Michael Symon for Vitamix
Vitamix Reviews
Chef Michael Symon (My hero!)  is the official 'spokeschef' for Vitamix. He, like many other professional chefs, uses the Vitamix in his restaurants.

If you Don't have a Vitamix machine for this recipe, don't sweat it! Just use your food processor...It'll come out about the same.

BLACK BEAN SALSA

1 tomato-quartered
1 garlic clove
Juice of one lime
1/2 tsp. kosher (or sea) salt
1/4 bunch green onions-coarsely chopped
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 can black beans-drained
Place everything except the beans and olive oil into your Vitamix (or food processor). pulse on and off until everything is chopped. Pour the veggies into a bowl and set aside. Place half of the beans and the oil into the carafe of the Vitamix (or food processor), and puree until very smooth. Stir the pureed beans into the veggies and then fold in the remaining beans. Chill for about an hour before serving. Garnish with Cilantro if desired.

Comments

Popular Posts