NY Cheese Cake


So I find myself very, very sad today. I decided after a year of work and dedication to the MOMS Club of Tehachapi, which I founded, it was time to step down and let someone else take the job of president. So now it looks like it is time to set the bird free and watch her fly!

While I feel that I 100% accomplished my task of founding and getting a MOMS Club chapter off the ground, I feel that a new face as her President is due. Ingrid will be a great President and I wish her well! She will take the Club in a fresh and wonderfully positive direction!

When I am sad..I Bake! Yesterday I baked a NY Cheesecake.

New York Cheesecake



Cheese Cake



8 oz. graham cracker crumbs

4 oz. butter melted

2 ½ Lbs. Cream

1 ¾ cups Sugar

3 Tbs. AP Flour

7 Whole eggs

3 Egg yolks

½ cup Heavy Cream

Line the bottom of a 10” spring form pan with parchment paper or tin foil Wrap the outside in foil and spray the inside of the pan with nonstick spray. Mix the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter together. Spread the crumb mix evenly over the bottom of the spring form pan.



Place everything into the large bowl of your food processor. Pulse a few times to loosen up the cream cheese. Them turn on the machine and puree the batter until very smooth and creamy.



Bake 500F for 15 minutes covered. Reduce the over to 200F uncover cake and bake for 1 hour, 15 minutes. Turn the over off, prop the door open slightly and allow the cake to cool in the oven for 30 minutes. Place on the counter and invert a large bowl over the cheese cake. Allow to cool to room temp before placing in the fridge. Let the cheese cake rest 48 hours before using to allow for the richest possible flavor.



Variations:

Bring the cream to a boil and add 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate for chocolate cheesecake.

Add Chocolate chips before baking

Use your favorite liquor instead of the cream, IE: Kahlua, Rum, Chambord, flavored schnapps, ect…

Comments

Popular Posts