Mexican Style Rib Rub

Hola fellow foodies!

Today is a huge day in my life. Okay, it's not like I'm giving birth or getting married, but it is still an important moment. I am going to the first annual MOMS Club end of year banquet. Today is the day that I get to sit back and see all the moms that have joined the club and found friendship, and a great place for their kids to get together and play. I am really proud of all the achievements that the club has made. None of which is because of me. It is all due to the wonderful women that have come together to make MOMS Club and Tehachapi a better place to be. It's all about the team effort!!!

As well my younger sister, Laurie, is flying into Bakersfield this afternoon. She will be in California through the 4th of July. I am so excited about it that I have not slept well for 3 whole nights (Insert cranky-PMS type-face here, LOL)!!! We will be driving off to LA tomorrow for 3 days to play tourists with my adorable 4 year old, Chloe, in tow. It should be an amazing time.

In preparation for her arrival I've been eating lighter and healthier, because I know the kinds of stuff I'll eat down in LA. We have reservations at Wolfgang Puck's (one of my heroes) new restaurant "CUT". It is one of those new shee-shee ultra fancy steakhouses. I'm not the least bit interested int he steak, however, I have been told it is a great place to 'celebrity watch'. I'll let y'all know if we see anyone famous, or if we get "discovered" LMBO!!!

Sooooo...back to the food, I made Mexi-baja tacos for dinner last night. It is a light meal by most standards. You can use the following rub on any meat. I've done it with beef, chicken, fish,and shrimp. I am sure it would be spectacular on pork, but I don't eat pork, so you'll have to try it for yourselves.

Mexi-baja rub
2 Tbs. Smoked Paprika
1 tsp each-ground cumin, ground coriander, black pepper, garlic powder, lemon zest
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp kosher salt
juice of one lime


mix all the dry ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 3 months. When ready to use sprinkle liberally onto your meat of choice (I've used tofu as well with great results). Squeeze on the lime juice and cook anyway you like...Grill, saute, roast-it will come out awesome! I promise.

Serve meat with Mexican style condiments like lettuce, cheese, sour cream, corn and flour tortillas, fresh tomatoes, salsa, chipotles in adobo sauce, etc....OLE!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts