Wonton

So, I just finished catering in the finger foods for my very good friend, Michelle's, Scentsy Launch Party ( www.michelleswarmers4u.scentsy.us )- yes that is a totally shameless plug, but this is my blog so I feel justified in it.

ANYWAY...I was saying that I made the finger foods for her party, and there was one little dish that was very popular. SO, I have decided to share the recipe.

I love wantons! I have never met a wanton that I haven't scarfed down with great joy. No matter if they are filled with cream cheese, chicken, pork, veggies, or seafood-whether they are steamed, poached, or fried- I can eat my weight in them all!

About a year ago I was introduced to the wanton 'cup'. It is a very simple arrangement of two wanton wrappers placed in a Muffin tin and bake until crispy. You can fill it with any mixture you like, but I almost always use the following recipe as it is light, healthy, and oh soooooooo yummy! You will need:
2 muffin pans with 24 total cups
1 pack of wanton wrappers (from the grocery refrigerator section)
1 egg-beaten
pan spray (I use plain Pam)

1 chicken breast
1 can water chestnuts (drained and diced)
1 Clove garlic-crushed and minced (about 1/2 tsp.)
2 Tbs. Lemon juice
2 Tbs. dark soy sauce
3 Tbs. pickled sushi ginger (if you can't find it just use 1 Tbs. fresh grated ginger)
1 Tbs. sugar
1/2 cup minced chives
1/2 cup minced red bell pepper

Place one wanton wrapper on your work surface, dab a little egg into the center and place a second wanton over the first making an 8 point star. Place into a cup in your muffin pan and press into place, allowing the wrappers to curl and wrinkle a bit (they will look a bit like tulips if you do them right). Repeat this process until you have used up your wantons. You should be able to fill 24 muffin cups. Spray the wanton cups very lightly with Pam and bake them at 400F for 10 minutes until they are browned and crispy.

Meanwhile, make the filling. Cut the chicken into manageable strips. Pan sear the chicken in as dry a saute pan as you feel comfortable using. Once it is cooked through, set the meat aside to cool and mix the next 6 ingredients together in a big bowl. Once the chicken is cooled, chop it finely and toss into the dressing mixture. Fill the cups with the chicken mix and sprinkle with the red pepper and chives. Serve and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts