Easy Red Pepper Soup-a half homemade creation


A couple of weeks ago I Hosted a Tea/Luncheon for some girlfriends. I had purchased a jar of red pepper spread for the occasion along with tons and tons of other yummy goodies. Somehow on the day of the Tea the red pepper spread got forgotten and left in the back of the fridge unopened. I found it all sealed up and happy back there this morning, and wondered what I should do with it, as my family and I are not "snacky/dippy" people. SO...I turned it into soup for dinner this evening! Here is the recipe:

Red Pepper soup
1/4 onion
1 clove garlic
1 jar Trader Joe's red pepper spread (with eggplant and garlic)
3 cups chicken stock
1 cup heavy cream
lump crab meat to garnish (optional)
Place the onion, garlic, pepper spread, and stock into a blender. Puree for 2-5 minutes (depending on the power of your blender), pour into a sauce pan and allow to simmer over medium heat for 10-15 minutes just to cook out the raw onion flavor. Add the cream, rewarm and serve with crab meat on top.

Comments

Popular Posts