Easter Deviled Eggs are all about Tradition

Happy Easter Fellow Foodies!

There is one dish that I really love on Easter. It's not the ham, or the green beans almondine, and it's not the pie, or the chocolates. The one food I cannot live without on Easter day is the deviled eggs!

My mom, and my mother-in-law, both make a delicious deviled egg. This is the one food that I have never tried to improve. There are lots and lots of "gourmet deviled egg" recipes out there and you can find them on every web page dedicated to food. My deviled eggs, in contrast are simple, easy, and hearken back to the traditions of the 50's-70's, when simple ingredients ruled the kitchen. Here it is...

Simple Deviled Eggs
4 whole, hard boiled eggs-peeled and split lengthwise in half
1/4 cup Mayo (you can use low fat of fat free)
1/4 tsp each-garlic powder, onion powder, and kosher salt
dash of white pepper
1/4 tsp. dried mustard (optional)
paprika (I used smoked paprika) for garnish

Remove the yolks from the whites and place is a bowl. Add everything except the paprika, and mash together with a fork until smooth and creamy.




You can spoon the yolk mix back into the whites, or if you'd like to get fancy: Pipe the yolk paste into the whites using a star tip. I usually can't be bothered with this step though as I like the 'random' look of them being spooned in. Garnish with paprika, serve, and watch them disappear! 

Comments

Popular Posts