Pralines for Friday

Happy Friday Fellow Foodies!
Who doesn't like a treat on the weekend? Today I am sharing with you my praline recipe. the only special equipment you need is a digital thermometer. Please don't tell me that you can't find one. I bought my last one at Target, so I know they are out there. You can use a candy thermometer as well, but unless you spend a lot of time making candy (which, even as a  pastry chef I don't) just find a good digital version.

If you dislike pecans, you can try walnuts, cashews, filberts, peanuts, etc...There is no hard and fast rule for Pralines. Here is the recipe:


Pralines
2 cups Pecans Lightly toasted
2 cups Sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 cup Buttermilk
1 tsp. baking soda
2 oz butter
1 tsp. vanilla
In a very large, tall sauce pan combine the sugars buttermilk and baking soda. While stirring-heat over a low flame until the sugars are dissolved. Add the butter and turn the heat to a medium high. Boil without stirring until the mixture reaches 236*F. Remove from the heat and stir in the pecans and the vanilla. Mix with a wooden spoon until the praline becomes opaque. With a tablespoon, drop praline mix bit by bit, onto a greased parchment, or a silpat. Wax Paper liberally butter works well for this too. Cool 30 minutes and store airtight for up to 72 hours, but no more, before serving.

Comments

Popular Posts