Toasted Corn Salad



Yesterday I wanted something Mexican-esque for dinner. I made tacos. I whipped up a corn salad for the side dish that ended up stealing the show. I will definitely be adding this to my repertoire of regular side items this summer. It's fast and easy to prepare, and best of all contains no added fat! I was feeling lazy, so I used canned tomatoes, but if you want to use freshly diced tomatoes, please do! And since I use very little cilantro at any given time, I buy it, chop it, and freeze it. I have been using this method for basil and chili peppers for a long time, and works very well. Here is the recipe:

Toasted Corn Salad
8 oz. frozen corn kernels
1 can diced tomatoes-juice drained off and reserved for another use
1/2 red onion-diced
1/4 cup cilantro-chopped
juice of 1/2 a lime
pinch of cayenne pepper
salt to taste
Spray a nonstick pan with a little Pam. Allow the pan to get hot. Pour the frozen corn into the pan in a single layer and cook over medium-high heat, undisturbed until the corn is a toasty brown color on one side, and smells of popcorn. Transfer the corn to a large mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine, adjusting the seasoning as you like. Allow to sit at room temperature for about an hour before serving. Bon Appetite!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts